Thursday, February 17, 2011

What I learned During The Career Unit

     In my middle school English class, we are finishing up our Career Unit, a unit about how to plan ahead to get the job you want in the future. To complete the unit, Mrs. Patalano has aksed us to blog about the mot important thing weve learned in the time of the Career Unit.
     The most important thing I learned in the career unit is that planning can really help you. I already do minor planning, like writing down my homework in my planner so I can remember what ot do, but I learned that If I want to get to get into a good university after high school, Im going to have to work hard and plan ahead. On one of our worksheets from the career unit, we had to plan our high school classes.
I was pretty dissapointed that we coulndt have a second elective in our high school years, because then I'd have to choose between band and some other class that I'm interested in, like pottery. But I was interested in the math classes, because I saw that if I got into honors math next year, it could lead to me being one or two years ahead of the other kids in high school, or even get me into college or university early. In all of the videos we watched and the times we talked with Mrs. Patalano, we were always reminded that we need to start thinking about high school and college while we were still in middle school. I agree with this, because when I don't plan on how Im getting my homework done, It turns out to be as comlpete mess. I don want to have any more "messes", so Im going to try to plan ahead from now on.

3 comments:

  1. Alisa, good job. It is clear what you have learned through this topic, has helped you and how you can improve on the disabilities you have now. By portraying the ability of organization and planning ahead shows what the topic was meant to teach you. I too am not the most organized person on the face of the earth, I personally think I have improved but still not flawless. Good post Alisa, and good luck on improvment of planning ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. I can really tell you learned a lot from this unit. You did a nice job explaining it. It is so much longer than mine. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, Alisa. I liked how you explained how you learned from planning ahead. I agree with you. I also liked how you explained what you didn't like. One way you can improve is by fixing one spelling mistake. Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete