Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thansgiving: Who Should We Thank?

  What most people know about Thanksgiving is only that it's traditional to eat turkey. Now if you said that on a history test, you would automaticaly get the teacher to start screaming at you, if they were as paranoid as Mrs. Patalano. Here are some facts that I dug up on thanksgiving that might give you a passing grade on a middle school "What is Thanksgiving" test:

           Thanksgiving originated way back from 1863, when the pilgrims first sailed to America in the Mayflower.That year, there was a bountiful harvest, due to the help and advice the Indians were giving the Pilgrims, so the Pilgrims decided to celebrate. They used the surplus of food to make a feast, and invited the Indians who gladly accepted to oin in on the festivities.

   Now that feast was the mother of all feasts! There was plenty of tasty food, the kids played games all day long, and, best of all, the whole party lasted for four whole days!!!

Everyone out there, Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alyssa, this is Wamia. I like your blog,especially your title. Funtime News is a great title.I see that your posts are original and I am often intrigued by the content of your posts. They are great! I am in your english class,so we have similar posts. You should post more about your pets, its evident that you like animals. I reveiwed your blog and decided that you should enter the Fall Blog Decorating Contest. I'm hosting it at my blog. My blog address is http://rainsremarkable.blogspot.com. Anyway, I really liked your blog, it just might be a winnner!

    P.S. Follow my Blog!
    ~Wonderful Wamia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey alsia, for the continuing time i will be commenting on your blog. i very much appreciated the time you had reserved for time to research on this beutiful day. I liked all of the detail you had put into it but there is one downfall:....,Well, there is no downfall overall eveything was great good job! also i had like the dwarf blog, i had remembered the tradegdy of mrs. Ulrichs poor pens i have also the knowledge of who had did the terrible crime. Dwarves were in very hight demand I had Shakur, Captain, and Jersey those were the Dwarves i had owned. I wish you luck into further Dwarve trade!

    ReplyDelete