Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why I Want to Be an Oceonagrapher

   It is important to choose a good career to put your education towards, so you can make plans about what kind of courses you'll need to take in High School and College. I have started making these desisions, and Ive decided that I want to be an oceonagrapher.
     Many oceonagraphers study the ocean and weather. However, I want to become a completely different type of oceonagrapher: the type that studies the habits of large and potentially endangered animals and fish. I have always loved the sea, and have been fascinated by all of the creatures living there. I have read about the job, and I found out that the main thing my type of oceanographers do is tracking dolphins, whales, and other endangered species, and I was really curious about the animal or fish migration paths. Haven't you ever seen a gaggle of geese up in the sky and wondered where they were going or what kind of places they'd see? I was also interested in what kinds of tracking technology I'd use if I got the job.I've seen some kind of radarish things like that on TV, but I wonder if it is all as large and complicated as  CT scanner. I could probably ask about a million questions about what it is like to be an oceonagrapher.

     I believe that the life of a oceonagrapher will help me answer my questions, and to learn even more about any living creatures of the sea that are out there in the open waters.I hope that in the future, I can get the job of my life.

5 comments:

  1. Great post, Alisa! I like how you chose to write about being an oceanographer because I don't usually see people who want to be become that. I also liked how you explained why you want to become an oceanographer. One way you can improve this piece is by fixing some spelling mistakes. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job ms.Lytvyn, you displayed wwhy you would like to be an oceanographer. It seems like an interesting job. This would not be my type of job because it has a little too much research involved. I have chosen industrial designer and it is a perfect match. I hope oceanoographer turns out to be good for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Alisa. I can really tell why you want to be a oceanographer. It seems like fun. I would have thought you would be with like a mammel researcher. Less on the marine animals. Maybe a veternarian. Your writing has gotten better and better. Can't wait to see what you write this week. Nice job! Have fun writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing is fantastic and very creative. I want to study animals to but not the marine type. I'm more on the wild land type like big/little cats, dogs and little house hold animals like hamsters and rats/mice like your cute little friends. But, I'm more of a big animal type. Well, anyway, you did a great job on your writing and it is very inspirational. Just continue writing and I know one day you will end up making your own kid or chapter book. But, just continue to get better.;)

    ReplyDelete