Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How I Got Interested In Small Pets

The first time I saw my friend Zachary's pet guinea pig, I felt like I really wanted to know more about that cute little fluffball. At that moment, my small animal craze had just begun. I started reading all types \of small animal books and magazines I could get my hands on! But then I realized why I was doing all of this reasearch: I wanted a small pet, like Zachary's guinea pig, Peebo.

   To get a small pet, I would first need to decide on which pet to buy. First, I thought of getting a guinea pig, like Peebo, but then I came across an arcticle about how rats can be trained to do really fun tricks, and that they have a great ability to love. I started to read more about pet rats, and I found plenty more reasons to get a pair of female rats. So I asked my parents if they could buy me a pair of rats. It was a long debate, but my parents finally made up their minds when they saw that my A.S.K. scores were good enough.

   We went to the pet store, and we selected two young rat sisters, and named the black hooded rat Kusa, and the gray rat with a white belly Peeka. And as two sisters got a new home, I got the best pair of small pets that I could ever imagine. I never really stoped learning about rats, because if you have a pet, you learn more about them every day.























































No comments:

Post a Comment