Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Reflecting on Ralph Fletcher

       Here are some of my opinions about two of Ralph Fletcher's short stories:

   When he wrote "It was just a cheap BIC, the kind with a clear barrel so you could see how much ink was left in the cartridge.", he was using descriptive language. I could actually imagine how the pen would look like!This was a really good closing sentence for First Pen.

   In Last Kiss, he wrote "Even though I was confused, one thing seemed clear-- my father and I had drifted away from each other in a small but important way, a way that I couldn't explain, not even to myself.". This was very deep emotion, and I think he wanted to get it out somehow, so he wrote a story.

   Ralph Fletcher is a great writer, and he must inspire many people to write great narratives!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment