Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Posts, New Blog

     Today, I have decided to create a new blog. I have recently started translating a Russian science fiction book to English, and I decided to make a whole new blog for it because i mostly only do my homework on this blog.
     The (translated) name of the Russian science fiction is A Girl From Earth, and it is set in the end of the twenty-first century. In the book, Earth is peacefull,  people can already go to planets beyond the Solar System to visit visit their alien  friends, and have nearly discovered the secret of traveling at light speed.
The book was written for third grade level (It is the first book I ever translated, If you dont count my miserabule failure at translating The Velveteen Rabbit from English to Russian),  and it is about a six year old girl going to outer space with her father, to search for animals for Earth's Cosmozoo. I really liked this book when I was a little kid, and I hope you enjoy it too.
     I already have the translations of the prolouge and half of the frist chapter written down, so as soon as I create the new blog, I'll type and post the prolouge and the first chapter. I'll post the location of my new blog on this blog soon, so keep an eye out for new posts! I hope to get the new blog up in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment